Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lobster For Dinner Tonight (And Green Goddess Potato Salad)

Ms. Bic and I are off to Wyoming and Yellowstone Park this Friday. We'll be gone just one week. It's a first for both of us and we're pretty excited. Since Wyoming is not a big seafood destination, we figure we should get our fill of good Maine seafood over the next few days before we leave.

There was a good piece in the Portland Daily Sun a few days ago on the current lobster situation.






Well, I did my little part to help the Maine lobster industry this morning. I'm just back from Harbor Fish Market down on the waterfront. I got three small hardshell lobsters for about $15. To go with the lobsters, I'll be making a potato salad with a few Frenchy haricot vert green beans mixed in. It's a great recipe from Gourmet magazine that's become a favorite at our house. The anchovies in it are the secret weapon. A relatively cheap and really good meal! Oh yeah, did I forget to mention a Maine lobster loves a nice chilled Sauvignon Blanc or Muscadet or Pinot Grigio served alongside?

Update 7/1/09: The words "(And Green Goddess Potato Salad)" were added to the original title to make it easier to find the recipe on the blog.

No comments: